This auction is for a very clean 1990 Jaguar XJS in one of the best color combinations. This is a rust free very straight car with only one very small door ding in the quarter panel behind passenger door. Paint shines well, is in good condition and mostly original. There is a small area directly behind the passenger door as well as a section on the hood that has been resprayed. The color match on these sections is not perfect but not very noticeable unless you are looking for it. Interior is original and in good condition with no tears, there is some wear on the drivers seat but not much. Top is in good condition and functions as it should. Odometer reads 032,906 and there is a tag on the drives door jamb dated 03/04/97 stating that the odometer was replaced at 12,000 miles so I believe the correct actual mileage is about 44,906 but can’t guarantee this. New camshaft cover gaskets, camshaft plugs and intake manifold gaskets were installed about 2,000 miles ago. Engine runs well and runs cool it never gets hot and transmission shifts smoothly. Tires are also good.
Car just passed California smog check about two weeks ago so it is good to go if sold in California.
The following items need attention:
1. The air conditioning blows but not cold (heater works well) so I think it needs to be recharged, It had previously been converted to 134A.
2. Trip computer / clock does not operate properly, it powers up but will loose its memory when car is shut off. I see these advertised here on eBay for between $50-$100 frequently.
3. Fog lights are inoperative, I suspect that it is just the bulbs or perhaps a relay but never checked it out.
4. Antenna dose not extend or retract automatically, the motor runs but the mast doesn’t move with the motor but can be raised and lowered by hand easily.
5. Transmission has a small oil leak not enough where I have to add more then a little bit in a years time. This car has a GM 400 transmission and I think the issue is just a pan gasket but the leak is so small I haven’t bother to investigate since I only add a small amount once a year.
6. Small tear in the rubber cover on rear bumper, there is a picture showing this.
Palm Desert, California, United States